Saturday 17 January 2015

5 Star Selling: From Beginning to Excellence by Lee Davis



I hate ‘how to’ books that are so full of jargon that I need some reference constantly next to me so I can keep checking what the heck I am reading about. Lee Davis’ book is written in plain English that anyone can understand. If it has unfamiliar phrases or terms they are explained.

The advice is practical and drawn from Davis’ own experience, mistakes and observations throughout his career. He addresses you, the reader, somewhat like a good parent, teacher or tutor would. 

The content is modern and up to date and includes a chapter on technology.

In short, Lee Davis’ book is comprehensive, flows logically from one chapter to the next with information supplemented in Appendices. Within the text he advises further reading on topics not covered in detailed eg listening skills. These recommendations are included in the appendices and include lists of other resources both books and computer software.

If you want to be a hard-nosed, hard selling, don’t care about the customer used car or real estate salesmen this is not the book for you. It is for those salesmen who want a lifetime career through building positive relationships with both external and internal customers.

One of the things I really liked is the summary points at the end of each chapter. I would recommend that anyone studying this book re-write these points in a notebook for frequent, quick refreshers of the excellent advice contained.

My rating 5*

No comments:

Post a Comment