Friday 23 July 2021

The Perfect Family by Robyn Harding

On the surface the Adlers are a perfect family; happy marriage, two kids, good jobs, beautiful home. One morning they wake to find their car has been pelted with eggs. Who would do such a thing to such a perfect family?

Like many people, you scratch the surface and they are not so perfect. Each of them carries a dreadful secret.  

At first it is thought kids are vandalising their home, maybe someone connected with one of the Adler children. The vandalism escalates to attacks on their home and property that threatens the lives of the family.

The story is told from the perspective of each family member. The reader knows what each is thinking and their secret but not each other. It works well and keeps the reader turning pages.

I found the story intriguing and well written. It is a good mystery. I didn’t like any of the main characters but, then again, I don’t think you are supposed to like them.

This is the first Robyn Harding book for me. It was entertaining reading and I will be keeping an eye out for more by this author.

As much as I enjoyed the book I am still uncertain how I feel about the ending. No spoilers but it does leave the reader up in the air. Maybe there is another book to come?

Many thanks to Netgalley the publisher and the author for a chance to read and review this book.

My rating 4*

 

 

www.pam.id.au

Follow Pamela King on her Facebook page

Pamela King Amazon Author Page

Pamela King Goodreads Author Page



No comments:

Post a Comment