Tuesday 23 February 2016

South of Reality by A.I. Alexen



I must admit I had no idea what to expect when I accepted South of Reality for review. Was this a children’s book, some strange science fiction or a modern take on Animal Farm?

The truth is that is none of these. It is a charming and delightful read for all ages with some subtle messages to learn along the way like not pre-judging others.

I thoroughly enjoyed escaping into the world of the two dogs, Arky and Peyson, and the annoyingly typical cat, Tuxedo, as they attempt to make right a sad human situation.

Being a dog person I sided with Arky and Peyson and their frustrations with Tuxedo with his cat’s characteristic nonchalance and superciliousness. Along with Arky and Peyson I was equally surprised at the mission Tuxedo was on and how he draws them into it.

I smiled at the mental image of a cat using the computer keyboard and other human actions; worried when the rats were getting the upper hand and even wanted to wring the roosters neck at times (well, not literally)

When I look at my dog now I wonder – does she know and understand more than she is letting on? Is she using my computer at night?

I received this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment