Friday 26 June 2020

Titanic Survivor by Violet Jessop

I was about to stop reading when the Titanic hit the iceberg. It wasn’t that I didn’t enjoy the story or that the Titanic tragedy was only a tiny part, it was because of the constant editor’s comments within the text of Violet’s manuscript. It was like someone was constantly interrupting a person relating an experience with constant corrections, adding in their own 2 cents worth and showing off their knowledge.

Violet’s story is not limited to her life as a stewardess on cruise ships. She begins her story with growing up in Argentina then moving to England with her mother and siblings following the death of her father.

Her life spans a period I love to read about, and I found her story fascinating. I am very disappointed the ‘interruptions’ spoilt it.

My rating is 2*. It would have been higher if not for the editor’s comment and I had been able to finish the book. 





Follow Pamela King on her Facebook page
Pamela King Amazon Author Page
Pamela King Goodreads Author Page

No comments:

Post a Comment